Please include cast list, and (if required) prop list, costume
information, set specifications, etc., with all plays and musicals.
Following are the types of drama we publish:
- One-act non-royalty plays on religious
themes up to 30 pages.
- Christmas and Easter chancel drama or
liturgy - length 30 minutes maximum - for children's Sunday school
departments and also for adults.
- Collection of short sketches on a central
theme - five per collection - humorous, entertaining, Christian.
- Religious musicals for Christmas and Easter
- one hour maximum. (Computer generated musical accompaniment
score and CD of performance preferred.)
- Readers Theatre scripts - 30 minutes maximum.
- Our Christian books cover creative worship
on such topics as clown ministry, storytelling, banner-making,
drama ministry, children's worship, and more. We also publish
anthologies of Christian sketches. We do not publish works of
fiction or devotionals.
- Send sample chapters or an outline - no
QUERY LETTER SPECIFICATIONS:
- Include a synopsis or brief statement
- Tell us why you believe your work deserves
publication. Define the market you see as the potential audience.
- Please include a list of your publishing
credits and/or experience and your payment expectations.
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope
for our response.
- Send book manuscripts to:
Editor, Contemporary Drama Service,
885 Elkton Drive, Colorado Springs,
Editor, Contemporary Drama
885 Elkton Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Allow 4-6 weeks for response.
- Double-spaced typewritten pages with your
name on each page.
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope or return
postage with all submittals.